Brideshead Revisited: Worth the Stay?


The end of summer has brought houseparties, birthdays, bbqs, and outdoor festivals. Sadly the bartender has been crazy busy being a social butterfly to update. But alas I bring you my thoughts on the movie Brideshead Revisited.


Not a hugely popular film in my various circles, but luckily there was one DMS member that loves English films as much as I do and we made a night of it. After dining at a nameless one star restaurant...yes that bad (we were in a hurry), we made it to the theater just in time to catch the opening. The English countryside looked amazing as it served as the main backdrop for this 1920's drama with a very talented cast. Emma Thompson commanded the screen as the film's matriarch, Lady Marchmain, and served her post faithfully til the very end. There was a perfect mix of intrigue, sexual tension, and of course catholic guilt. Though it seemed slow and almost painfully dull in some parts I would suggest checking out Brideshead Revisited...but not as a Friday night movie.


1 Response to Brideshead Revisited: Worth the Stay?

  1. Unknown says:

    Would love to send the Dirty Martini Society a bottle of Dirty Sue - premium olive juice for dirty martinis.
    www.dirtysue.com
    If you are interested in a sample, email me and I will send a care package.
    info@dirtysue.com

    Best,
    Eric