Re-mixing the Pomegranate Martini



In search of a signature cocktail to start the year off right I decided to begin my adventure at the Sunday Farmer’s Market. Wandering around the vast tents of fruit vendors my mind went over all the possible concoctions I could experiment with. Just then my sights settled on the pomegranate stand. Thinking they would be out of season soon I grabbed a mini armload and transported safely back to my homegrown laboratory. What I came up with was a very interesting version of what many consider to be a pomegranate martini.



• 4 Parts Vodka (preferably Grey Goose, but Stoli works as well)
• 1 Part Simple Syrup
• 1 Part Triple Sec
• 3 Parts fresh pomegranate juice
• Shaken over ice
• Pour into a highball glass (martini glass works as well)
• Garnish with pomegranate seeds

This may be a little strong to the taste (DMS members tends to like’em strong), so feel free to play around the ingredients. I haven’t come up with a name for this cocktail as of yet, but my working name is the Pomegranate Cosmo.

1 Response to Re-mixing the Pomegranate Martini

  1. love the blog...fellow stanford alumni here. also aspiring writer. you've got a gift good sir.